Google+

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Apricots Stuffed with Marzipan and Covered in Chocolate

Since it is past the whole Christmas thing, I can now reveal something that I prepared as a Christmas present for my brother and his girlfriend. The last time I made something covered in chocolate was in January and I completely forgot that it was actually pretty easy. I wanted the present to be quite different from the classic Christmas cookies and feel like something better than just chocolate covered fruit.

Taking the recipe from Delicious Gifts by Jess McCloskey that I got last year, I knew that the extra marzipan and cognac will make my present special. I didn't know though that the result of such a simple recipe would make a deliciously chewy chocolate treat that will put any store bought box of chocolates to shame.

In the end, they were a great success. Their only flaw was that they disappeared too quickly and that there was only 20 of them but since they are so easy to make, I might just make some more in a very near future :)


Apricots Stuffed with Marzipan and Covered in Chocolate
for about 20 pieces you will need:

  • dried apricots
  • 100g marzipan
  • 120g dark chocolate
  • 120ml cognac
  1. Wash the apricots briefly, pat them dry with a paper towel and let soak in the cognac for up to 12 hours.
  2. Cut the marzipan into small blocks and stuff them into the apricots. It's better to use more marzipan than less but try not to tear the apricots.
  3. Use the double boiler method to melt the chocolate and one by one, cover the apricots in the chocolate, putting them aside on a baking sheet to dry. Once all the apricots are covered in chocolate, place them in a cold room or a fridge to let harden quicker.
  4. Serve in a pretty box or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

No comments: