Google+

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Muffins

To celebrate a family lunch with my grandma I looked for a recipe where I could use the rest of the cranberries. Muffins were the ideal thing to bake because they take short time to prepare and bake. My grandma said they were excellent and since she spent all her grandmotherhood baking, I'm sure she knows what's good and what's not :)

The original recipe called for lemon zest for some reason, I omitted it because it sounded weird. I changed the cranberry to chocolate chip ratio too, as the original used too much of cranberries that would supress the chocolate flavour IMO.

Personal memo: I wonder how different would it be if I used buttermilk instead of milk.


Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Muffins
for 12 muffins you will need:
  • 250g flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 of a mug of dried cranberries
  • 200g white granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 175ml milk
  • 80ml vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 75g milk chocolate 
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line up the muffin pan with 12 paper cups.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
  3. Coarsely chop the cranberries and milk chocolate bar.
  4. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, just until combined. Fold in chopped cranberries and chocolate chips. Do not overmix. Spoon the batter into the paper cups.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until puffed, golden and a tester inserted into centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.

No comments: